Italian Star Martina Scrinzi On Fear, Freedom, And Her Cannes Debut

Martina Scrinzi opens up about fear, freedom, and creative risk as her Cannes debut with Roma Elastica marks a bold new chapter.

The Jury Has Announced The Winners Of The 29th La Cinef Selection

The La Cinef winners show how emerging filmmakers continue to shape cinema with fresh voices and bold perspectives.

Vivant Corp. Targets PHP67 Billion Power, Water Investments By 2030

Vivant Corporation plans to invest around PHP67 billion in its power and water businesses through 2030.

Katàbasis, Best Immersive Work At The 79th Festival De Cannes

Katàbasis shows how immersive storytelling can turn art into a deeper journey of reflection and discovery.

Iloilo Eyes Aggressive Renewable Energy Projects In Agriculture

The plan highlights a shift toward sustainable and cost-efficient energy use in farming.

Iloilo Eyes Aggressive Renewable Energy Projects In Agriculture

1584
1584

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

The provincial government here is eyeing investments in renewable energy for agriculture if the national government can sufficiently provide aid to sectors affected by the increasing fuel prices in light of the Middle East crisis.

In an interview on Monday afternoon, Governor Arthur Defensor Jr. said he had already met with the Provincial Community Defense Cluster to determine the extent of assistance from the national government, specifically the Department of Social Welfare and Development and the Department of Agriculture.

Defensor said that if aid from the national government could sufficiently cover the affected sectors, then the provincial government would invest in renewable energy in agriculture.

“The aggressive renewable programs are in the executive order of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. and also in our executive order,” he noted, adding that the provincial government can utilize its development fund for the program.

The provincial government will also connect with the Department of Energy to ask for updates about the energy situation.

Last month, Defensor announced that the provincial government is studying the possibility of declaring a state of calamity so it can use its quick response fund (QRF) to extend assistance to sectors affected by the hike in fuel prices.

However, he said that based on the initial estimates of the numbers assisted by the national government, the province’s QRF is not enough.

“We will see the developments in the next 48 hours if we will ask (the Provincial Board) for the declaration of a state of calamity,” he said. (PNA)