BISELCO Awards 15-Year Power Supply Deal To CIPC To Strengthen Palawan’s Energy Security

BISELCO has awarded a 15-year power supply deal to CIPC, aimed at enhancing Palawan’s energy security.

Vivant Hits Record PHP2.3 Billion Core Net Income In 2024 Amid Strong Growth

Vivant Corporation reports a remarkable 20% increase in consolidated core net income for 2024, reaching Php 2.3 billion.

ASUS Zenbook A14: The Lightest Zenbook AI Laptop Is In The Philippines

The Zenbook A14 is setting new standards in the world of lightweight laptops with its remarkable design. #PAGEONExASUS

GALLANT: Inspiring Local Champions, Awakening Global Potential

GALLANT is here to inspire local champions and awaken global potential. The time to step up is now.

Negros Oriental Surpasses 2024 Tourism Target With Over 700K Arrivals

Tourism achievements shine in Negros Oriental with 700K arrivals in 2024, illustrating the province’s charm.

Negros Oriental Surpasses 2024 Tourism Target With Over 700K Arrivals

2154
2154

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Tourist arrivals in Negros Oriental in 2024 hit the 700,000 mark, surpassing the provincial government’s target of 500,000 for the year, an official said Thursday.

Woodrow Maquiling Jr., Provincial Tourist Officer and executive director of the Provincial Tourism Board, told the Philippine News Agency that the number is expected to rise once all reports from the industry stakeholders such as hotels, resorts, and local government units are compiled.

“As of November last year, the tourist influx was pegged at more than 700,000 and this is a big leap from the 226,000 tourists that arrived in the province in 2023,” he said.

This significant increase from 242,982 tourists in 2023 is attributed to enhanced peace and order, proactive social media campaigns, and traditional marketing strategies.

Governor Manuel Sagarbarria’s focus on tourism has led to the development of new attractions, including the northern Negros Oriental loop encompassing Guihulngan City, Vallehermoso, and Canlaon City, as well as the Mantalip Reef in Bindoy town.

The tourism officer also highlighted the participation of cultural festival contingents in the world-renowned Sinulog de Cebu Festival, which he said is an “international platform” for tourism promotions.

The provincial government targets to bring in one million tourists to Negros Oriental in 2025 and will penetrate new markets such as Panay Island and Southeast Asian countries, he added. (PNA)