JEG Tower Switches To COREnergy To Power Cebu’s Business Community

JEG Tower partners with COREnergy to power Cebu’s business community through more strategic and stable energy management.

From Credit Card Hacks To A Movement: How KasKasan Buddies Grew Into A Financial Literacy Community

KasKasan Buddies grew from credit card conversations into a two-million-member community helping Filipinos navigate financial literacy, digital safety, and smarter money decisions.

Monde Nissin Reports Record First Half Core Net Income Attributable To Shareholders Of PHP5.5 Bn, An Increase Of 16.1%

Monde Nissin reports stronger first-half earnings as revenue growth, margin gains, and disciplined cost management support its performance.

Converge Global Business Empowers Virtual Staffing Solutions With Seamless International And Domestic Connectivity

Converge Global Business partners with Virtual Staffing Solutions to power secure connectivity across Philippine and U.S. operations.

PNP Designates 3 QC Areas As ‘Freedom Parks’ For SONA Rallies

The Philippine National Police designated three freedom parks in Quezon City where protesters can hold their activities during the first State of the Nation Address of President Marcos Jr.

PNP Designates 3 QC Areas As ‘Freedom Parks’ For SONA Rallies

42
42

How do you feel about this story?

Express Your Reaction
Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Wednesday designated three freedom parks in Quezon City where protesters can hold their activities during the first State of the Nation Address (SONA) of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.

PNP director for operations Maj. Gen. Valeriano de Leon said protesters can hold their rallies at the Quezon Memorial Circle, inside the compound of the Commission on Human Rights, and inside the University of the Philippines Diliman campus.

“We appeal to the organizers of the protest actions to limit their activities in these freedom parks to prevent disturbance of the smooth traffic flow in the area and to avoid unnecessary confrontation with the police,” de Leon said in a statement.

As instructed by PNP officer-in-charge, Lt. Gen. Vicente Danao Jr., de Leon said the PNP will exercise maximum tolerance but warned of corresponding response by civil disturbance management units on the ground if protesters will go out of the designated freedom parks.

“If they go out of the freedom parks and it will disturb traffic and peace and order, then we will disperse them at all cost,” he added.

De Leon also said they will enforce the law, Batas Pambansa 880, which prohibits the burning of effigies.

Based on the data they received, de Leon said militant group Bagong Alyansang Makabayan filed a request with the Quezon City government to hold protest action along Commonwealth Avenue.

He, however, said they are still verifying with the city government whether this had been granted.

The PNP earlier said the stretch of Commonwealth Avenue will be a no-rally zone to save motorists and commuters from inconvenience.

Almost 22,000 police personnel and force multipliers will be deployed to secure the event on July 25.

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority has released a traffic rerouting plan in Quezon City.

Aside from the closure of the IBP Road on the day of the SONA, de Leon said other security and traffic scheme adjustments would be made depending on the situation on the ground. (PNA)