BISELCO Awards 15-Year Power Supply Deal To CIPC To Strengthen Palawan’s Energy Security

BISELCO has awarded a 15-year power supply deal to CIPC, aimed at enhancing Palawan’s energy security.

Vivant Hits Record PHP2.3 Billion Core Net Income In 2024 Amid Strong Growth

Vivant Corporation reports a remarkable 20% increase in consolidated core net income for 2024, reaching Php 2.3 billion.

ASUS Zenbook A14: The Lightest Zenbook AI Laptop Is In The Philippines

The Zenbook A14 is setting new standards in the world of lightweight laptops with its remarkable design. #PAGEONExASUS

GALLANT: Inspiring Local Champions, Awakening Global Potential

GALLANT is here to inspire local champions and awaken global potential. The time to step up is now.

Pres. Spokesperson Roque: Cabinet Members ‘In Good Health’

Roque confirms that the Cabinet members are 'in good health' after two secretaries had both tested positive for COVID-19.

Pres. Spokesperson Roque: Cabinet Members ‘In Good Health’

111
111

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Members of President Rodrigo Duterte’s Cabinet are in “good health,” Malacañang said amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) outbreak in the country.

“Lahat naman po sila ay mabuti ang kalusugan (All of them are in good health),” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a virtual presser, when asked about the health condition of the Cabinet secretaries.

Roque’s statement came even after Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año and Education Secretary Leonor Briones had both tested positive for Covid-19.

Año and Briones are now tested negative for Covid-19 after acquiring the infectious disease.

The two Cabinet officials, however, still need to continue to observe self-isolation.

Roque said other Cabinet members remain healthy.

“Wala naman pong ibang miyembro ng Gabinete na nagkasakit ng Covid-19, bukod po kay Secretary Año (Other Cabinet members have not contracted Covid-19, except Secretary Año and Secretary Briones),” he said.

Roque on Wednesday announced that Duterte has authorized the use of Covid-19 rapid test kits for individuals who wish to see the President at Malacañan Palace in Manila.

The Philippine Security Group (PSG) Task Force Covid-19’s medical team would administer the rapid tests for the new pathogen.

PSG commander Col. Jesus Durante III said Wednesday that the procedure does not exempt high-ranking government officials, PSG troopers, and close-in personnel who always accompany Duterte.

Durante said those who will be found positive during the rapid tests will be barred from entering Malacañan Palace.

He, however, clarified that results of rapid tests are still subject to Research Institute for Tropical Medicine’s confirmation since these are not “definite and absolute.”

Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests, which detect the actual presence of Covid-19, are currently being undertaken by the Philippines.

The PSG’s initiative to impose stricter health protocols at Malacañan was meant to protect Duterte against Covid-19, which has so far infected 5,660 people in the country. (PNA)

Photo Source: Facebook/HarryRoque