Nestlé Philippines Addresses Micronutrient Deficiency Through Product Fortification And Nutrition Education

Nestlé Philippines responds to rising child stunting concerns by combining fortified products, nutrition education, and healthier habit-building programs.

Vivant Reports 1H2026 Core Net Income Of PHP784 Million As Power Generation Remains The Largest Contributor While Share Of Water Business Grows

Vivant Corporation posted PHP784 million in core net income for the first half of 2026, with power generation remaining its largest earnings contributor.

Pag-IBIG Fund Net Income Up 24% To PHP41.35 Billion In First Half Of 2026

Pag-IBIG Fund posts record first-half net income of PHP41.35 billion, reflecting stronger earnings and disciplined cost management.

Borromeo Motoring Group Signs New RES Deal For 20 Luzon Dealerships

Borromeo Motoring Group taps COREnergy to manage power more strategically across 20 Luzon dealerships and automotive facilities.

Sarangani To Expand Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness Programs

Serious drills for serious disasters. Sarangani expands activities to better prepare communities and residents against possible major disasters this year.

Sarangani To Expand Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness Programs

130
130

How do you feel about this story?

Express Your Reaction
Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

The provincial government of Sarangani will expand this year its disaster mitigation and preparedness activities to better prepare communities and residents against possible major disasters or calamities.

Rene Punzalan, head of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, said Tuesday they are currently coordinating with the seven municipal governments for more community-based preparedness drills and simulation on various disasters, especially earthquakes.

He said the move is aimed to further increase awareness among residents on the necessary safety measures and protocols during disasters.

“It’s important for everyone to be aware and prepared. We should be serious with these drills to prevent panic and possible casualties,” he told reporters.

Some parts of the province have been experiencing mild to moderate flooding in the past several weeks due to the impact of the prevailing La Niña phenomenon, which is expected to last until March.

Last week, the province and other parts of Mindanao were jolted by a magnitude 7.1 earthquake but no recorded damage to properties.

The epicenter of the Jan. 21 quake, which was felt at Intensity 5 in the area, was traced in the seas about 231 kilometers southeast of Jose Abad Santos town in Davao Occidental.

Punzalan said the quake, which was tectonic in origin, could have inflicted serious damage if it lasted longer.

Citing a report from the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs), he said several offshore faults are being monitored in the seas off the Davao Region and the neighboring areas that could trigger more major earthquakes.

These faults, considered as extensions of the land-based fault lines, are connected with those monitored off Governor Generoso town in Davao Oriental as cited by Nane Danlag, science research specialist of the Phivolcs station here.

Punzalan said residents should brace for the possible occurrence of more earthquake coming from the offshore faults.

He reiterated that the most effective strategy is still the observance of proper safety protocols, especially the “duck, cover and hold” principle. (PNA)