Did you have to postpone or reschedule your travel because of the coronavirus pandemic? Or maybe you have an important thing to do that requires you to travel right now but you are worried about your health and safety.
Well, since travel is slowly starting again and there are a few countries that are starting to welcome international visitors, here are a few ways on how you can travel safely to protect yourself and others as well during the pandemic.
- Know the Safety Basics
First and foremost, this is the first thing that you should do or learn before traveling anywhere because knowing the safety basics is what will keep yourself safe from catching the virus. Here are some of the safety basics that you must follow.
- Wear a cloth face covering to cover your mouth and nose.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or use your elbow to cover.
- Avoid close contact with people and maintain 6 feet distance between you and others as much as possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place or the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Research about the place where you are going
When you travel the chances of getting exposed to the virus is much higher which is why people are highly encourage to stay at home but if you really have to travel make sure that you check on the place where you are going to know what the situation is like in that place. Also, travel restrictions vary from different countries. So, to avoid any problems during your trip make sure to check the restrictions at your destination.
- Consider the mode of transportation that you are going to use
Not all modes of transportation are equally risky. Traveling by air is much riskier than by travelling by car because there are a lot of people coming in and out from different places in the airport. So, there is a higher tendency for people to catch the virus inside the airport but fortunately according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention most viruses do not easily spread inside an aircraft because of how the air circulates their and how it is filtered.
- Consider the place where you will be staying
Hotels are a place to gather and there are a lot of things that are shared and reused by visitors after visitors so staying in a hotel might be a little risky but you can still check in a hotel if you have no other places to go just make sure that the place that you are going to be staying at have implemented risk-reduction protocols, such as requiring guests and staff to wear masks in public areas, shutting down common areas and disinfecting rooms when guests leave and arrive.
- Consider the activities that you will be doing
Make sure that the activity that you will be doing in your trip will give you enough space to social distance to lessen the risk of getting the virus. Avoid planning an activity that will make you go near other people.
So, if you have decided to go on a trip make sure to take into consideration this tips and always remember that as person who is travelling you are not just responsible for yourself but also to the people around you because if you catch the virus you can spread it to your loved ones when you return home.