Sec. Año Imposes Strict ‘1-Pass-Per-Family’ Rule In Cebu City

Sec. Año Imposes Strict ‘1-Pass-Per-Family’ Rule In Cebu City

Spotlight

McDonald’s Now Offers Group Selections For You And Your Fam’s Different Cravings

They also launched a platter of McNuggets and BFF Fries that are good for up to 20 people!

EDC Lauds DOE Move To Promote Geothermal

“We highly welcome the DOE’s recent directives to explore and maximize geothermal energy sources in the country."

LTFRB To Allow Operations Of 6,002 PUJ Units In 49 Routes

Magbabalik na ang mga jeepney! Heto ang mga inaprubahang ruta kung saan sila makakabiyaheng muli, simula July 3.

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año is imposing a one-pass-per-family order here to ensure “strict home quarantine” particularly in high-risk villages, the chair of the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (RIATF-EID) said on Wednesday.

Leocadio Trovela, DILG-Central Visayas regional director and RIATF-EID-Region 7 chair, said Año ordered the suspension of the city government-issued quarantine passes to pave the way for the implementation of a stringent “stay-at-home” protocol to avert further increase in the number of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases.

The 250,000 quarantine passes issued by the city government to the residents are too many, he said.

“Masyadong marami (They are too many). It defeats the purpose of enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) if the local government issues so many passes. We can no longer control the people from going out of their home,” Trovela said in an interview with the Philippine News Agency (PNA).

He said that because of the too many passes previously issued, residents could easily roam around the city even if they had no essential transactions to do.

Año’s instruction before flying back to Manila on Wednesday morning was to put “on board barangay officials and the PNP (Philippine National Police) in processing the distribution of the city quarantine passes.

Trovela also told the PNA that the appeal of Mayor Edgardo Labella for a downgrading of the risk classification here to general community quarantine (GCQ) which was submitted by the RIATF-EID-7 to its national counterpart is still awaiting feedback.

“Hindi naman yun (It was not) deemed abandoned. Pero wala pa lang tayong (We have not received) feedback yet from the IATF until President (Rodrigo) Duterte assigned Secretary (Roy) Cimatu to oversee our Covid-19 response in Cebu City,” he said.

Shortly after the national government reverted the city to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) last week, Labella submitted his appeal for GCQ to the RIATF.

The second ECQ, Trovela said, will end on June 30, but the next risk classification of the city will depend on how aggressive the officials here are implementing drastic measures from the IATF, through Cimatu.

Among the measures was strict home quarantine, particularly in high-risk barangays like Mambaling, he said.

Apart from Cimatu, Duterte also sent Año, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana and Health Secretary Francisco Duque III to this capital city of Cebu province on Tuesday to assist the Environment chief in overseeing the national government’s response to the Covid-19 concerns. (PNA)

Bishops Reopen More Churches Under MGCQ

More churches in provinces are reopening after these areas have been declared under the modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).

Cayanan: Rains, Tropical Cyclones Expected In July, August

'Wag kalimutang magdala ng payong! Ayon sa PAGASA, maraming paparating na bagyo ngayong July at August.

Asec. Caintic: 25 PH Cities Chosen To Be Next ‘Digital Cities’ By 2025

Among the 25 cities are: Batangas City, Dagupan City, Legazpi City, Malolos City, Metro Cavite, Tacloban City, Tagbilaran City, Tarlac City, Tuguegarao City, and Zamboanga City.

Molon: 42% Of Eastern Visayas’ Patients Recover From COVID-19

At least 222 or 42 percent of COVID-19 cases in Eastern Visayas have already recovered, the Department of Health (DOH) reported on Wednesday.

ASEAN, Australia Diplomats Pledge Cooperation VS. COVID-19

ASEAN and Australia diplomats agreed to further cooperation in researching and manufacturing of a COVID-19 vaccine and medicines, ensuring all people would get access to them.

Malaysia’s Sunway University Has A Creative Social Distancing Measure

LOOK: Malaysia's Sunway University brings celebrities to its campus to observer physical distancing among its students.

Sedillo: 30 More Overseas Filipinos Return To NegOr

A total of 30 overseas Filipinos (OFs) have returned to Negros Oriental on Tuesday.

PHIVOLCS: Mt. Kanlaon Watch Continues As Quakes Drop

As of Thursday, the Phivolcs Kanlaon Volcano Bulletin reported that only six volcano-tectonic earthquakes on the western flanks were recorded during the 24-hour observation period.

Dr. Reyes Recommends Quarantine While Waiting For Swab Test Result

Individuals subjected to confirmatory reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test are advised to have themselves quarantined while waiting for the result.

Sec. Villar: New NLEX Tambubong, Bocaue Interchange Opens July 2

The new North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) Tambubong Interchange aims to solve traffic congestion and will offer another alternative bound for Eastern Bulacan commuters.