San Carlos Prepares For Another Wave Of Relief Distribution

San Carlos Prepares For Another Wave Of Relief Distribution

Spotlight

Halloween @ Home: Recreate The Chills And Thrills With Globe At Home

End the Spooktober in a spooktacular way with Globe At Home!

Phoenix Introduces New FamilyMart Retail Format Through Cebu Stores

FamilyMart opens three new compact stores in Cebu, offering a unique customer experience in response to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Globe Introduces Mobile Health Solution With GoHealth

For just P20, you can now enjoy up to P,1000 health insurance from Pacific Cross!

SM Wins 15 Awards From HK’s CG Asia Magazine

SM Investments Corporation continues to be recognized abroad as it recently bagged 15 awards in the 10th Asian Excellence Awards 2020 of Hong Kong magazine Corporate Governance Asia.

The San Carlos city government is again preparing for the repacking of relief goods for 61,350 families following the completion of relief distribution last week.

In a phone interview, city information officer Jhuliano Nazareno said the city government had distributed family food packs for its residents in the 86 barangays within five days since they started on April 3.

He said the City Social Welfare and Development Office, together with other city hall employees and volunteers, will start repacking anew within the week upon the completion of the delivery of relief items from suppliers.

The city has a pending procurement of 200,000 kilos of rice and 2,000 boxes of canned goods.

“As to date, we have 2,725 partial delivery of rice from different suppliers and are expected to be completed by Wednesday or Thursday this week. From there, we can begin another wave of repacking and distribution,” he added.

Nazareno said each food pack distributed contained three kilograms of rice, three canned goods, sachets of coffee, packs of noodles, and other basic commodities.

He said prior to the relief operations by the local government unit, the barangay captains were directed to use their Quick Response Fund (QRF) to begin the simultaneous rollout of relief goods, especially to families in most need.

Meanwhile, Mayor Julier Resuello said authorities will be “very stern” in implementing the guidelines of the extreme enhanced community quarantine to maintain the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19)-free status of the city.

“We will become stricter because in the past few weeks, the city hasn’t tallied any (Covid-19) confirmed cases. And at the same time, we want to ensure that we will not record any cases until the enhanced community quarantine is lifted,” Resuello said during his Facebook live message Tuesday.

As of April 13, San Carlos City has three probable cases of Covid-19 and they are still admitted in hospitals. (PNA)

Photo Source: Facebook/sccp.cio

NFA-8 Readies Rice Stocks For Calamities

NFA Eastern Visayas regional manager Arlene Tanseco said current stocks in NFA warehouses will last until early 2021 based on current demand for government rice in the region.

Bacolodnons Mark MassKara Festival With Virtual Events

Here's how the iconic MassKara Festival went this year:

Mandatory Cashless Toll Payments Moved To Dec. 1

The Department of Transportation pushes the start of the mandatory cashless transaction in all toll expressways from November 2 to December 1.

Manila North Cemetery Now Padlocked For ‘Undas’

The Manila Police District and the management of the Manila North Cemetery have padlocked the cemetery starting 5 p.m. Wednesday, in compliance with government order on the closure of cemeteries, columbariums and memorial parks during "Undas."

San Juan To Build Solar-Powered Bike Pit Stop, Repair Station

Here's what the the country's first solar-powered bike pit stop and repair station would look like:

Roque: Swab Tests Still Free For OFWs

GOOD NEWS: Swab testing for OFWs remains free of charge!

New Study Finds Businesses’ Shift To Digital During COVID-19 Could Be Permanent

It seems that the digital era is here to stay, especially for businesses. What can you say about this?

SMC’s Skyway Extension From Susana Heights To Sucat On-Track For December Completion

Upon completion of the Skyway 3, motorists can easily access Makati, Manila, San Juan, Quezon City, and the North Luzon Expressway!