DOTr Assistant Secretary for Communications and Commuter Affairs, Goddes Hope O. Libiran, recently had a meeting with the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) regarding the guidelines that shall be observed amid the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine.
For everyone’s information, please be guided of the updated protocols for international flights:
• The 72-hour window for international flights has been lifted. All persons, regardless of nationality, except for Filipino tourists, may now fly out of the country at any time.
• Inbound international passengers are allowed entry, subject to strict immigration and quarantine protocols.
• For passengers from Italy and Iran, it was agreed that the medical certificates of good health required should be validated by their respective embassies.
• Sweeper flights for foreign nationals to bring them to airports will be allowed to continue operations.
• Only one (1) person is allowed to bring a passenger to the airport and he/she must depart immediately after dropping off said person. The driver should carry with him/her a copy of the airline ticket of the passenger as proof of conveyance.
As of March 18, 2020 (12 pm), Department Of Health (DOH) has cited 193 cases of coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19), at least 7 patients have recovered while recorded death count is at 14.