Pres. Duterte Can’t Ignore NPA Attacks

Pres. Duterte Can’t Ignore NPA Attacks

Spotlight

Halloween @ Home: Recreate The Chills And Thrills With Globe At Home

End the Spooktober in a spooktacular way with Globe At Home!

Phoenix Introduces New FamilyMart Retail Format Through Cebu Stores

FamilyMart opens three new compact stores in Cebu, offering a unique customer experience in response to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Globe Introduces Mobile Health Solution With GoHealth

For just P20, you can now enjoy up to P,1000 health insurance from Pacific Cross!

SM Wins 15 Awards From HK’s CG Asia Magazine

SM Investments Corporation continues to be recognized abroad as it recently bagged 15 awards in the 10th Asian Excellence Awards 2020 of Hong Kong magazine Corporate Governance Asia.

President Rodrigo Duterte needs to make a move to counter the terror activities of the Communist Party of the Philippines’ (CPP) armed wing, the New People’s Army (NPA), Malacañang said.

Despite his recent order to crush all terror groups including the NPA, the Chief Executive remains open to the resumption of peace negotiations with the CPP’s political component, the National Democratic Front (NDF), Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said.

“The President, as we always hear him, he always leaves a space, the window ajar for any peace negotiation with them,” Panelo said in a press briefing.

“But he will not allow the attacks, the assaults against our forces. That is why if they attempt to do that, the order is to crush them,” he added.

On Tuesday, Duterte ordered the military to quash terrorism, insurgency and illegal drugs in the country.

The President said his directive to go after the enemies of state such as NPA rebels was meant to “put an end to Filipinos’ problem.”

Duterte’s order came following his announcement earlier this month that he was giving peace talks another chance since he considers the communists as “friends.”

Panelo said Duterte is still sincere to revive the peace negotiations with the communist insurgents, but cannot ignore their ceaseless attacks against the government troops and civilians.

“The President has always been sincere, he always opens talks. But the problem on the other side is that they keep on attacking the forces,” he said.

“So you cannot be standing, sitting idly, [watching] them terrorize or kill our own people, kaya ayaw niya yun (he doesn’t want that). But despite that, open pa rin (he’s still open to peace talks),” Panelo added.

The President, through Proclamation 360 signed on Nov. 23, 2017, shelved the peace negotiations between the national government peace panel and the NDF consultants due to series of attacks waged by NPA rebels against state forces and civilians.

On Dec. 5, 2017, Duterte also signed Proclamation 374, which labels the CPP-NPA as a terror organization because of their supposed actions “against the Filipino people, against humanity, and against the law of nations.”

The CPP-NPA is also branded as a terror group by the United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.

Executive Order 70, signed by Duterte on Dec. 4, 2018, creates the NTF-ELCAC and orders local peace bodies to negotiate with communist insurgents in their respective areas.

Despite Duterte’s openness to restart peace talks, the President was still included on the supposed hit list of the communist movement, National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon Jr. said on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, Presidential Security Group commander, Brig. Gen. Jose Eriel Niembra guaranteed that the Chief Executive is safe and secure, despite inclusion on the so-called hit list. (PNA)
Photo Credit: facebook.com/pcoogov

Tips For Staying Secure While Working From Home

Because you can never be too careful, here are some assuring tips on how you can stay safe online:

Gatchalian Seeks To Increase Centers Of Excellence For Teacher Education

Senator Win Gatchalian is eyeing more centers of excellence that will boost the quality of education and training for the country's aspiring teachers.

Mandatory Cashless Toll Payments Moved To Dec. 1

The Department of Transportation pushes the start of the mandatory cashless transaction in all toll expressways from November 2 to December 1.

Hontiveros Urges PH Gov’t To Back Int’l Campaign To Make COVID-19 Vaccine Cheaper

Sen. Hontiveros, naghain ng resolution na sumusuporta sa pagpapaluwag ng intellectual property (IP) agreements upang mas mapadali at mapamura ang pagkuha ng COVID-19 vaccine.

Southern Leyte Town Bans Daytime Karaoke Sessions

The town of Sogod in Southern Leyte has banned the daytime use of karaoke and videoke to enable a conducive learning environment for students taking modular and online classes at home.

Gov’t Allows Motorcycle Taxi Pilot Study To Resume

Angkas at Joyride, pwede na ulit!

Grae Fernandez And Kira Balinger Join ‘Ang Sa Iyo Ay Akin’

Grae and Kira are set to shake things up in "Ang Sa Iyo Ay Akin" as an explosive new chapter begins in the hit series in the coming weeks! What do you think will be their roles in Ellice, Marissa, and Gabriel's lives?

Kapuso Barangayan On Wheels: Reaching Out To More Filipinos In The Regions

GMA Regional TV's Kapuso Barangayan on Wheels continues to reach out to more Filipinos across the country!

Over 6.8K Farmers In Region 1 Get Subsidy From DAR

Namahagi ang DAR ng subsidy form sa mahigit 6,000 na magsasaka sa Ilocos Region upang makatulong sa kanilang hanap buhay ngayong pandemic.