The PHINMA Group’s broader response to the pandemic, dubbed “PHINMA Reaches Out: Our Community Collaboration Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic” or PRO 2020, was announced last March 20, 2020 by PHINMA’s President & CEO, Ramon del Rosario, Jr. PRO 2020 is the PHINMA Group responding on both national and local levels as a responsible corporate citizen of the Philippines and in line with our mission of making lives better as well as our long tradition of support for nation building. The response shall involve significant resources of at least PhP25M across the group including our network of partners in business, civil society and government.
Thus far, PHINMA has released or have committed to release a total of PhP23.75M as follows:
1. PhP5M to support the joint PBSP-Caritas-Bayanihan, Musikahan effort that will:
• support and help the most vulnerable sectors of society, primarily the poor who have a high risk for exposure and have minimal social protection to cope with the COVID-19 spread and the government measures for quarantine and social distancing,
• do crowdfunding through Ryan Cayabyab’s Bayanihan, Musikahan, an online concert via Facebook,
2. PHP8M to provide assistance to health workers at the front lines with masks, suits, food, lodging and transportation, help establish supplementary health care facilities, and/or provide food and other assistance to vulnerable groups through:
• Alumni Association of Xavier School, Inc.
• CRIBS Foundation
• De La Salle Brothers
• Got Heart Foundation/Katinko Group
• International Association for Human Values Foundation Phils., Inc.
• Office of the Vice President and the Kaya Natin Movement for Good Governance and Ethical Leadership
• RockEd Philippines
• Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Lingayen Dagupan
• Tanging Yaman Foundation
• UP Medical Foundation, Inc.
3. PHP3.75M to fund assistance for up to 1,500 PHINMA Group contractual No Work/No Pay staff and workers. Each individual is being allocated P2,500 to provide food and health packs. Our business units shall be in charge of downloading this assistance in kind or in cash, whichever is most feasible.
4. PHP7M to support communities of our PHINMA Group. Its business units shall help provide food for vulnerable families and food, housing and protective equipment for health frontliners.
The PHINMA Group including all its business units shall track, monitor and follow thru on all the various initiatives being undertaken, coordinate these various efforts and ensure full accounting of all funds released. We will continue Making Lives Better and being part of the nationwide effort so that We Heal As One.