Nograles: Gov’t Weighs Allowing Prov’l Bus Operations To Resume

Nograles: Gov’t Weighs Allowing Prov’l Bus Operations To Resume

Spotlight

Globe Recreates The Holiday Season With #ChristmasWeLove Live Pop-Up

Join Globe as they celebrate the holiday season with #ChristmasWeLove - a series of live digital pop ups featuring fun activities for your family and friends!

Republic Cement Launches Co-Processing Solution Amid PH Waste Management Crisis

Through ecoloop, Republic Cement aims to help address the waste management crisis of the country.

Recreate The Holidays Right At Home Best With Globe At Home Unli Plans

Make your virtual get-togethers possible with Globe At Home UNLI Plans!

SM – Pasay Tech Voc Scholarship Program Launched

With the launch of the SM - Pasay Tech-Voc Scholarship Program, a full tech-voc scholarship will be awarded to 20 students from financially challenged families.

The national government is still weighing calls to lift the provincial bus ban to help drivers and operators recover from the impact of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) on their livelihood, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said on Sunday.

In an interview over DZBB, Nograles said part of the Department of Transportation’s (DOTr) “calibrated approach” on the resumption of public transportation is to slowly provide more transport options.

However, he said provincial bus operations can only resume once it is certain that all passengers returning to their respective hometowns are Covid-19-free.

“Babantayan muna ni [Transport] Secretary [Art] Tugade kung paano natin maa-assure na yung mga uuwi ng probinsya ay safe from Covid (Secretary Tugade is still monitoring how we can assure that those returning to their provinces are safe from Covid),” he said.

According to Nograles, local government units (LGUs) will also play a big role in the decision to allow provincial buses since they will be the one accepting the passengers.

“Siyempre pati sila binabantayan nila na hindi tumaas ang bilang ng Covid cases (Of course, they are also be making sure that there is no increase of Covid cases there),” he said.

He emphasized the need to have proper coordination between LGUs to ensure that all health and safety protocols are implemented before passengers returned to their respective hometowns.

“Medyo delicate balance pati coordination ang importante dito (A delicate balance between health and economy as well as coordination is important here),” he said.

Last month, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the national government will have to prioritize sending home repatriated overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and locally stranded individuals (LSIs) before deciding when provincial buses can resume operations.

Roque said provincial buses will “eventually” be allowed to ply the roads once there are no longer any OFWs or LSIs stuck in Metro Manila.

“Eventually, ia-allow po natin iyan; pero ngayon nga po ang pangunahing problema natin sa mga stranded individuals, sa mga OFW, ayaw tanggapin ng iba’t ibang mga probinsiya (Eventually, we would allow them; but as of now our main problem are the stranded individuals and OFWs which provinces don’t want to accept),” he said.

House Ways and Means Chair Albay Rep. Joey Sarte Salceda called for the lifting of the provincial bus ban and allow people to move under and within optimum health protocols and standards.

“As long as we can maintain minimum health standards, we should allow people to move. A rational system of public transport takes human needs and realities into account. These are the realities: One, local government units are already transporting citizens to and from Manila. Two, some bus lines are already operating. Three, we have already allowed people to go to work in most places,” he said.

Around 14,000 workers from different provincial buses operating in Luzon, including Metro Manila lost their jobs due to the pandemic, according to the Provincial Bus Operators Association of the Philippines. (PNA)

Agusan Norte Provincial Workers To Get Early Gifts

The provincial government of Agusan del Norte is set to release within the week sacks of rice to all its employees at the provincial capitol as their early gifts for the Yuletide season.

Davao Parishes Allowed To Hold More Pre-Dawn Masses

Good news! The Archdiocese of Davao has allowed parishes to schedule more Simbang Gabi (pre-dawn) Masses for the holiday season.

Rep. Salceda Releases Statement On Jobless Rate Reduction In PH

“As a representative of a typhoon-ravaged province, I will tell you, we need urgent help. Our LGUs fiscal reserves are exhausted. We can no longer wait for 2021,” says Albay 2nd district Rep. Joey Sarte Salceda.

PRRD Enjoins Pinoys To Draw Inspiration From Bonifacio’s Heroism

“Fueled by Bonifacio’s extraordinary courage and determination, let us surmount the many challenges ahead and secure a much better and brighter future for every Filipino," says President Duterte in commemoration of the 157th birth anniversary of Andres Bonifacio.

Speed Of The Future: realme X50 Pro 5G To Launch Via Smart Signature Plan On December 03

realme PH launches its very first 5G-ready smartphone in the country!

Performances, Games Await Pinoy Fans In Brightwin’s Live Virtual Fan Meet

Join the ultimate bonding experience with "2gether" stars Bright Vachirawit and Win Metawin at their virtual fan meet on December 5, 5PM. Click the link below for more details:

Metro Manila, 6 Other Areas To Remain Under GCQ Until Yearend

Metro Manila along with six other areas will remain under general community quarantine (GCQ) until the end of the year.

New Safety Protocols, Sarangani Registers Highest COVID-19 Recovery Rate In Region 12

After fortifying its safety protocols, Sarangani province saw 28 new recoveries out of the 45 who beat COVID-19 in the SOCCSKSARGEN Region

Ilocos Norte Provides Free Shuttle Service For Laoag Workers

Coasters from the provincial government of Ilocos Norte are on standby in major borders of this city on to help ferry essential workers who commute daily to work at the downtown area.

Soldiers, CAFGU Members, Reservists Donate Blood In NegOr

The bayanihan spirit lives on! A total of 15,000cc of blood was donated by Army soldiers, reservists, and personnel duringa blood-letting activity in Camp Leon Kilat.