NCRPO To Probe Injuries Due To Traslacion Security Measures

NCRPO To Probe Injuries Due To Traslacion Security Measures

Spotlight

GSIS Offers Computer Loan For Members

GSIS, ilulunsad ang Computer Loan Program upang matulungan ang mga miyembro nito at kanilang pamilya sa pagbili ng computer o laptop na gagamitin para sa kanilang mga trabaho o virtual classes ng kanilang mga anak.

Celebrate The Holidays With MMFF 2020, Globe, And Upstream

Globe and its partners also encourages moviegoers to fight online privacy.

More Than 124k Drivers, Operators Join Transport Cooperatives

A total 124,443 drivers and franchise owners and operators have joined accredited transport cooperatives ready for franchise consolidation.

Globe Recreates The Way You Learn With Special Promos

Globe introduces special Go promos for students and the GoTOK series to make quality learning and self-improvement accessible for everyone online and in real life!

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said it will probe incidents of devotees who were injured due to the implementation of new security measures in this year’s traslacion or procession of the Black Nazarene.

“Kung gusto nilang (devotees) magreklamo (If they want to file complaints), we are willing to investigate. Kami rin may mga nasaktan din na pulis. Okay lang sa amin yun (Some of our police officers were also hurt. That is okay with us). That’s part of our job and we are happy to serve the people,” NCRPO acting chief, Brig. Gen. Debold Sinas, told reporters in an interview in the vicinity of Quiapo church.

Sinas said the security plan during the traslacion was adopted from the same set-up done during the Black Nazarene’s thanksgiving procession on Dec. 30, 2019 where “there were no devotees at the front” of the image.

Sinas said no devotee was allowed to climb in front of the andas (carriage) to keep the procession moving.

Sinas also apologized to devotees who were injured during the procession of the image of the Black Nazarene. He also thanked those who followed their stricter security measures.

“Sa mga deboto, kanya kanyang paniwala tayo. Ang akin lang is salamat po dahil karamihan sa inyo ay pinagbigyan kami. Yung improvement natin. Yung mga nasaktan pasensya na po. Yung mga naapakan pasensya na. Kasi kung hindi kayo pasaway hindi kayo maaapakan (To the devotees, we all have our own beliefs. As for me, we thank you because many of them gave us a chance. I’m speaking of the improvement. For those hurt, we are sorry for that. For those who were stepped on, we are sorry too. They would not be stepped on if they were not stubborn),” said Sinas.

Earlier reports said measures to contain the crowd resulted in injuries where police officers allegedly sprayed an unknown substance towards devotees who attempted to break the human barricade they formed.

Meanwhile, some reported injuries were caused by combat shoes of police officers.

Sinas said the combat shoes are part of the police officers’ uniform.

“Part of our uniform yung combat boots. Hindi naman pwedeng iba yung kasi magagalit din yung OIC (PNP officer-in-charge Lt. Gen. Archie Gamboa) natin. Maski mga ganitong activity tamang bihis pa rin kami [Combat shoes are part of our uniform. We could not wear another type of shoes because our OIC may get angry. Even in this type of activity, we should wear uniform properly],” Sinas said.

The Philippine National Police (PNP), meanwhile, said injuries from the cops’ footwear were unintentional.

“If indeed the combat shoes of cops caused it, it was unintended. (However), PNP will look into this reported injuries sustained by some devotees,” PNP spokesperson, Brig. Gen. Bernard Banac, said in a statement.

In general, the PNP said this year’s feast is peaceful and orderly.

This year’s theme is “Iba’t-ibang Kaloob, Isang Debosyon, Tungo sa Isang Misyon.”

The organizers said they expect to exceed the number of devotees last year which is over four million. (PNA)

Roque: Gov’t Duty-Bound To Protect Even Critics From COVID-19

“Maski kayo po ay walang ginawa kung hindi labanan ang gobyerno, Pilipino pa rin po kayo at may obligasyon pa rin kaming isalba kayo kung kayo’y magkakasakit. Make it easier for everyone po, huwag pong magtipun-tipon."

Guv. Manotoc: Ilocos Norte Relaxes Borders To Returning Residents

More families are going to reunite soon as the province of Ilocos Norte relaxes its borders to returning residents following the reopening of tourism to all Luzon residents including those from areas under general community quarantine status.

106-Year-Old Baguio Resident Recovers From COVID-19

Good news! One of the oldest persons in the country, who was diagnosed with COVID-19, was discharged on Tuesday!

BSWM Seeks Fund To Boost Rainwater Harvesting For Farmers

The Bureau of Soils and Water Management of the Department of Agriculture is awaiting the release of fresh funds for more rainwater harvesting-related projects nationwide this year.

DSWD Completes Assessment Of 14.4M Poor Families For Listahanan 3

The Department of Social Welfare and Development says they have completed assessing the 14.4 million poor families included in the initial list of the third-round of assessment of the “Listahanan 3” or the National Household Targeting System for Poverty Reduction.

Manileños Hopeful As More Barangays Now Free Of COVID-19

Manila City residents express high hopes that the pandemic will soon be defeated in the city after 172 barangays were declared COVID-19 free.

Christmas Parties In Metro Manila Cancelled This Year

Merry pa rin kaya ang Christmas kahit walang parties?

Student In Pangasinan Town Holds Online Raffle For Sick Dad

A third year AB Communication student in Pangasinan is conducting an online raffle through Facebook to help raise funds for his father diagnosed with cancer who lives a thousand kilometers away from him.

Mayor Abby: Makati To Implement Teaching Fellowship Program

The Makati government is set to implement a teaching fellowship program in the city's three public elementary schools for two years.

Surviving WWII Veterans In E. Visayas To Get Cash Aid

The provincial government of Leyte will extend cash assistance to living World War II veterans in Eastern Visayas as simple gratitude for their service 76 years ago.