Mayor Labella: 36 Of 80 Cebu City Villages Now COVID-Free

Mayor Labella: 36 Of 80 Cebu City Villages Now COVID-Free

Spotlight

EDSA Busway System To Implement Fully Cashless Transactions With Beep Cards

Cashless transactions via Beep card will begin on October 1.

SM Wins At 2019 Asia Sustainability Reporting Awards

The SM Investments Corporation has bagged yet again another award!

7 Commandments To Revitalize The Country Safely

Medical experts recommend strict health protocols for public transportation.

Alibaba Cloud Launches New Digital Ecosystem Strategy In The Philippines

This will help local businesses adapt further to the new normal!

Mayor Edgardo Labella on Tuesday announced that 36 of the 80 barangays in the city are now cleared of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

He said based on the data gathered by the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) as of Monday, the city has detected no single active case of Covid-19 in those 36 villages.

The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Infectious Diseases (IATF) established EOC in Cebu City last June after President Rodrigo Duterte sent Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu here to oversee the Covid-19 response.

The Department of Health in Central Visayas (DOH-7), however, showed a slight increase in active Covid-19 cases in the city from 335 a week ago to 356 based on it’s Monday case bulletin.

But the city detected only nine additional new cases against the 37 additional reported recoveries, which brought the total number of recoveries here to 8,732. The number is 89.5 percent of the 9,750 total infections since the onset of the pandemic.

Labella also announced last week that 49 of the 53 barangay isolation centers were shut already down since the number of patients has dropped significantly.

The mayor said while there is a reason to be jubilant because of this achievement, he urged the Cebuanos to be conscious of the presence of coronavirus in the community and to be mindful in observing minimum health standards such as wearing of face mask and physical distancing, among others.

Lawyer Rey Gealon, Labella’s spokesperson and city attorney, said in a virtual presser Monday that the city will continue to strictly enforce the health protocols, especially to establishments allowed to reopen under the modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).

“The mayor is serious in implementing the minimum health protocols and keeps on reminding the Business Permit and Licensing Office to always inspect establishments and if they are not enforcing it, we will shut them down,” Gealon said in Cebuano.

He said 70 establishments were ordered closed or voluntarily ceased operations for violating the protocols. They were slapped with a penalty of suspension of work.

Of the 70, seven got a 14-day work suspension while the rest were allowed to reopen after three to five days of closure. (PNA)

Return Of LSIs To Sipalay City Suspended For 2 Weeks

Locally stranded individuals entering Sipalay City, Negros Occidental are restrained from doing so temporarily due to limited space in its quarantine facility.

Tourists Are Getting Their Travel Fix With ‘Flights To Nowhere’

Find out how to experience being a tourist again this COVID-19!

Chooks-To-Go Goes Full-On Digital With Globe Business, AdSpark Chatbot

With its latest partnership with Globe and AdSpark, you can now connect to Chooks-to-Go via Facebook Messenger!

Ilocos Norte Prov’l Hospital Limits Outpatients To 30 Per Day

The Governor Roque B. Ablan Sr. Memorial Hospital is limiting the number of visitors in its Out Patient Department to ensure that minimum health protocols are strictly observed.

984 PUV Drivers In Ilocos Get Cash Subsidy

Over 900 PUV drivers in Ilocos receive cash aid courtesy of the Social Amelioration Program.

Fitness Goals Of Middle Class Titas

Mga middle class titas! Naaalala mo pa ba ang mga workout tutorials mo na pinapanood for your fitness goals?

25 Green Sea Turtle Hatchlings Released In Batanes

The DENR in Batanes releases 25 green sea turtle (Chelonia mydas) hatchlings along Pahanebneban Beach in Basco town.

DOTr Awards 3 Contracts For PNR Clark Phase 2 Project

The DOTr and the Philippine National Railways awards the three remaining civil works contract packages for the Clark Phase 2 project, or the Malolos-Clark extension of the North-South Commuter Railway System.

Mayor Treñas Places 13 City Villages On 5-Day Total Lockdown

Thirteen barangays in Iloilo City are placed on lockdown due to the rise of COVID-19 cases.

Palace Believes AFP Not Involved In Fake FB Accounts

Malacañang believes that none of the fake accounts taken down by Facebook are accounts managed by the Armed Forces of the Philippines.