The city government is validating some 1,200 stranded individuals wanting to return to their provinces but unable to do so following the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) quarantine measures.
In a radio interview on Monday, Mayor Sara Z. Duterte said the city government has opened the Davao City Stranded Data Center with teams that would handle information for residents stranded outside the city and non-residents who are stranded here.
Through the data gathering system, Mayor Sara said stranded individuals could send relevant data through 0956-244-1691 (Globe) or 0951-086-8056 (Smart/Talk and Text), or via email at davaocitystrandedpax@gmailcom.
“There are two provinces that we have negotiated (with) for them to help their constituents stranded in the city. Davao Oriental and Maguindanao province expressed willingness to accept them,” she said.
Mayor Sara said Dabawenyos stranded outside the city would be given assistance while the ban on air, sea, and land travel has not been lifted.
She urged non-residents to leave the city because of the increasing number of Covid-19 cases here.
“More cases are discovered with the intensified case finding that is being conducted and today (Monday) we have five new cases added to the list,” Mayor Sara said.
On the other hand, she said isolation centers are being prepared for the arrival of stranded residents because the present 416 isolation beds in the city are not enough.
“The doctors had recommended to prepare 1,000 beds. They had been telling us to be ready because if these stranded individuals will come in, there would possibly be a new wave of infections,” she said. (PNA)
Photo Source: Facebook/davaocitygov