The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) released the “Guidelines for the Operations of Traditional Public Utility Jeepneys (PUJs) During the Period of General Community Quarantine (GCQ) in Metro Manila through Memorandum Circular (MC) 2020-026 on Wednesday.
Per MC 2020-026, traditional PUJs with routes indicated in MC’s Annex A can ply their existing routes with NO SPECIAL PERMIT NECESSARY starting July 3. In lieu of the Special Permit, a corresponding QR Code shall be issued to the operator prior to operation, which must be printed and displayed in the corresponding unit. The operator may secure said QR Code by downloading it from the LTFRB website at www.ltfrb.gov.ph.
The LTFRB emphasizes to the traditional PUJ operators that they must provide PUJs that are currently registered roadworthy with the Land Transportation Office (LTO) and with valid Personal Passenger Insurance Policy. In addition, it must be noted that the existing fare of P9.00 for the first (4) kilometers and P1.50 for succeeding kilometer(s) should be followed. No fare adjustment shall be applied unless approved by the Board.
Operators and drivers are likewise required to comply with a series of safety measures prior to dispatch and during operations, such as checking of body temperature, wearing masks and gloves at all times, and operating at a maximum of 50% capacity, and distributing Passenger Contact Forms as shown in Annex “B”.
The agency said that it has allowed 49 routes with 6,002 vehicle units.
Below are the routes indicated in Annex “A”:
• T102 Camarin – Novaliches
• T103 Karuhatan – Ugong
• T104 Malabon – Monumento via Letre
• T105 Malabon (TP) – Navotas (TP)
• T107 Monumento – Navotas via Letre
• T205 Cubao – Proj. 4 via J.P. Rizal
• T206 Cubao – San Juan via N. Domingo
• T208 IBP Road – Lupang Pangako via Gravel Pit Road
• T209 Marikina – Pasig
• T210 Pantranco – Proj. 2 & 3 via Kamuning
• T211 Proj. 2 & 3 – Q Mart
• T212 Sucat-Highway – Bagumbayan
• T213 Ayala – Pateros via JP Rizal
• T215 Marikina – Pateros via Pasig
• T301 A. Boni – A. Mabini via 10th Ave
• T302 A. Bonifacio – D Tuazon/E. Rodriguez Ave.
• T303 A. Rivera – Raon via Severino Reyes
• T305 Ayala – Mantrade via Pasong Tamo
• T306 Ayala – Washington
• T309 Balic-Balic – Quiapo via Lepanto
• T310 Balic-Balic – Bustillos via G. Tuazon
• T311 Balic-Balic – Espana/M. Dela Fuente
• T312 Balintawak – Frisco
• T313 Balut – Blumentritt
• T314 Blumentritt – North Harbor via Divisoria
• T316 Boni – Kalentong JRC via Boni Avenue
• T317 Dian – Libertad
• T318 Divisoria – Gastambide via Morayta
• T320 Divisoria – Pier North via Plaza Moriones
• T321 Divisoria – Quiapo via Evangelista
• T322 Evangelista – Libertad
• T323 Divisoria – Velasquez
• T324 Guadalupe Market – L. Guinto via Pasig Line
• T326 L. Guinto – Sta. Ana
• T327 Herbosa/Pritil – P. Guevarra via Tayuman
• T328 Kalentong/JRC – P. Victorino via P. Cruz
• T330 Divisoria – Sta. Cruz via San Nicolas
• T331 Kayamanan C – PRC via Pasong Tamo
• T332 L. Guinto – Zobel Roxas via Paco
• T333 Lardizabal – Rizal Ave. via M. Dela Fuente
• T334 Lealtad – Quiapo (Barbosa) via Lepanto
• T335 Kalentong/JRC – Libertad (Mandaluyong) Nueve de Pebrero
• T336 Kalentong/JRC – Namayan via Vergara
• T338 North Harbor – Quiapo via Evangelista
• T340 P. Faura – San Andres
• T343 Quezon Ave. – Sta. Mesa Market via Araneta Avenue
• T344 Crame – San Juan via Pinaglabanan
• T401 Alabang – Sucat via M.L. Quezon
• T402 Soldiers Hill (Phase IV) – Talon via Alvarez
Failure to comply with the conditions set forth by the Board will incur penalties from imposition of fines to cancellation or suspension of the Certificate of Public Convenience (CPC) or Provisional Authority (PA).