Ilocos Norte Bans Mass Gatherings

Ilocos Norte Bans Mass Gatherings

Spotlight

SM Scholarship Program Receives Support From SM EDD

SM Foundation’s College Scholarship Program continues its mission to support economically challenged but deserving students by providing them access to quality education!

Save The Children Trains Teachers, Parents To Protect Children From Online Sexual Abuse

How can parents keep their children safe from online predators? Here are some simple tips:

SM Foundation Opens Scholarship Online Application For SY 2021-2022

Want to be an SM Foundation scholar? Here’s what you need to know!

Synergeia Seeks The Best Education-Focused LGUs As Pandemic Reshapes Learning

Which city / municipality excelled in providing good education to its constituents even amidst the pandemic?

The Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte has banned gatherings of more than 15 persons for indoor and over 40 for outdoor as local officials monitor the daily new coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases after a sharp spike in the past few days.

In an outdoor press conference at the Capitol Bonsai Garden on Tuesday afternoon, Governor Matthew Joseph Manotoc urged residents to continue to avoid social gatherings, including those in private homes, restaurants and parks.

As of December 1, Ilocos Norte has recorded a total of 379 cases with 181 recoveries and two deaths. Expanded testing is also ongoing in the city after they were identified as close contacts of a previously infected patient.

Dr. Norman Rabago, provincial consultant on Covid-19, reiterated on Wednesday that even if a person, who was earlier identified as close contact to a Covid-19 positive individual, tests negative, he/she still needs to complete the 14-day quarantine as a precaution.

“Help us suppress the spread of the virus please. We can do this as long as we are together. If anyone would not follow, we can’t win this war,” Rabago said.

While Laoag is under localized modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ), the Provincial Health Task Force is appealing once again to all residents to stay home.

“Don’t sacrifice and compromise lives against your work. The faster we contain, the earlier we can ease out,” Rabago said.

Since the implementation of MECQ in Laoag, there had been lesser people and vehicles seen on the streets while the public market was closed again effective Dec. 2 until Dec. 5 for contact tracing, unless extended.

Most of the active cases in Laoag involved several vendors, peddlers and porters.

The public is also reminded that failure to comply with the minimum health and safety protocols will be penalized based on existing laws and other related guidelines. (PNA)

PH Secures 20M Doses Of AstraZeneca Vaccine

Lalagdaan na ang pagbili ng AstraZeneca Vaccine ng Pinas!

E. Visayas Records 105 New Covid-19 Cases, 41 Recoveries

Eastern Visayas records 105 new Covid-19 cases, bringing the region's cumulative total to 12,300 as of Wednesday.

QC Allots 7-Hectare Lot For DAR Urban Farming Project

"Buhay sa Gulay" project to encourage citizens in QC to level up urban farming.

Palace Exec Says Covid-19 Not Excuse To Avoid Cha-Cha Talks

Why did Panelo say pandemic is not an excuse to avoid Cha-cha?

Skyway 3 Opening Rites Set January 14

Finally! Skyway 3 sets to officially open all seven lanes this coming Thursday, January 14.

‘Love On Wheels’ Project Launched In C. Luzon For HIV Services

May pa e-bike ang DOH para sa taga-Central Luzon!

San Juan Concludes Dry Run Of Covid-19 Vaccinations

San Juan health workers earlier undergo dry run for registration, counseling, and screening in preparation for Covid-19 vaccination.