‘Hatid Tulong’ Transports 452 LSIs To Bacolod, NegOcc

‘Hatid Tulong’ Transports 452 LSIs To Bacolod, NegOcc

Spotlight

Motorcycle Backriding Now Allowed In MECQ Areas

Backriding is allowed again! But what are the do's and don'ts that come with this?

DOTr Issues Guidelines For Areas Returning To MECQ

DOTr has released a set of guidelines for riders and passengers amid the MECQ.

Stay Fit This Quarantine As Globe Brings You HomeCourt

Get your game face on as Globe brings you your favorite NBA superstars with HomeCourt!

Phoenix SUPER LPG Now Accepts Card Payments

Phoenix SUPER LPG launches online payment option to help promote contactless payment transaction amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Some 452 locally stranded individuals (LSIs), who are residents of Bacolod City and Negros Occidental, arrived at the Bredco port here aboard 2GO Travel’s St. Michael of Archangel on Tuesday night.

The returning residents traveled from Metro Manila for free through the national government’s “Hatid Tulong” initiative.

They included 52 Bacolodnons and 400 Negrenses from various towns and cities of the province. Three authorized persons outside residence (APORs) from the Philippine National Police also arrived with the group.

Councilor Cindy Rojas, chair of Bacolod City action team on non-overseas Filipino workers returning residents, said the city government facilitated the quarantine of 52 LSIs.

They were picked up by two buses and immediately brought to a quarantine facility, she said.

On Wednesday, all the “Hatid Tulong” beneficiaries in Bacolod underwent a swab test for coronavirus disease (Covid-19) and once their negative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test results are released, they will be sent home.

If their results will be released before they finish the mandatory 14-day quarantine, they will be required to finish the remainder of the quarantine period under strict home quarantine.

The rest, who are from Negros Occidental, have been endorsed to the provincial government and their respective local government units.

The “Hatid Tulong” intends to help stranded individuals affected by Covid-19 lockdowns and travel restrictions return to their provinces. LSIs without plane or ship bookings are put on the priority list.

Those who went home to Bacolod and Negros Occidental were part of the 9,000 LSIs sent off by the national government in the past days.

Meanwhile, sweeper flights bringing home overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) from Metro Manila continue to arrive at the Bacolod-Silay Airport in Silay City, the latest of which landed early Wednesday morning.

The flights of OFWs are being arranged by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration. (PNA)

2nd Phase Of C. Luzon Anti-Polio Drive Rolls Out Aug. 3

The next phase of the synchronized polio immunization campaign in Central Luzon will kicks off today.

Guv. Catamco: NoCot, NHA Turn Over 100 Housing Units For IPs

Beneficiaries of the housing project are T’boli and Blaan tribespeople in Barangay Bacung, Tulunan, North Cotabato whose homes were damaged by the series of earthquakes last year.

Spox. Roque: Meralco Won’t Get Away With Steep Electric Bills Under MECQ

Malacañang is positive that Meralco won't take advantage of the MECQ by not charging its subscribers with excessively high bills.

GenSan To Require Negative RT-PCR Tests To Air Travelers

Air travellers that will enter and depart GenSan's international airport are required to have RT-PCR test results.

DOH Heightens Covid-19 Contact Tracing In Caraga

DOH-13 intensifies its contact tracing measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.

Sec. Lopez: DTI Secures New Funding For MSME Loan Program

According to Lopez, government financial institutions have provided PHP1 billion to SB Corp. to continue the rollout of the loan program for MSMEs.

DICT: Projects To Improve Connectivity In Mindanao

DICT assures Davao residents that they are doing their best to improve the internet connection in the region.

Completion Of GenSan Airport Terminal Project Faces Slight Delay

The slight delay is due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Protocols Issued On Hearing Of Cases During GCQ In Cebu City

Cebu City has issued guidelines in conducting hearings amid the GCQ status.

Spox. Roque: Gov’t Vows ‘Major Changes’ In COVID-19 Response

The national government vowed to make “major changes” in its COVID-19 response after PRRD announces the new quarantine classifications on July 30.