Gilas 3×3 To Continue Training Despite Olympic Qualifier Delay

Gilas 3×3 To Continue Training Despite Olympic Qualifier Delay

Spotlight

Celebrate The Holidays With MMFF 2020, Globe, And Upstream

Globe and its partners also encourages moviegoers to fight online privacy.

More Than 124k Drivers, Operators Join Transport Cooperatives

A total 124,443 drivers and franchise owners and operators have joined accredited transport cooperatives ready for franchise consolidation.

Globe Recreates The Way You Learn With Special Promos

Globe introduces special Go promos for students and the GoTOK series to make quality learning and self-improvement accessible for everyone online and in real life!

Roma Point Bridge Construction In Full Swing With Republic Cement Support

Expected to be the longest bridge in Calabarzon, the Roma Point Bridge, also known as the Alabat Bridge, will be 1.7 kilometers long upon completion and will connect Alabat Island to mainland Quezon province.

Gilas Pilipinas 3×3 will still push through with its daily practices for the inaugural FIBA 3×3 Olympic Qualifying Tournament (OQT) despite the world body’s decision to postpone it.

The FIBA announced on Wednesday its decision to call off the qualifying tournament for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics due to coronavirus disease (Covid-19) global outbreak.

Initially scheduled for March 18-22 in Bengaluru, FIBA said the Olympic qualifier will be pushed to a later date although it added the Bengaluru QCT will be held before the Universality OQT from April 24 to 26 in Budapest.

The Philippine men’s national 3×3 team is composed of Joshua Munzon, Alvin Pasaol, CJ Perez and Mo Tautuaa.

The summer Olympic Games in Tokyo is set to be held from July 24 to August 9 but Japanese Olympics Minister Seiko Hashimoto reportedly said the prestigious quadrennial sports meet could be postponed until the end of 2020 because of the coronavirus outbreak.

“We work hard to organize Summer Olympic games on time but that could be interpreted as allowing a postponement,” Hashimoto said on Tuesday as quoted by Anadulo Agency report.

The coronavirus outbreak was first detected in Wuhan City in Hubei province in December. It has spread to at least 73 countries including Japan.

The global death toll from the virus has reached 3,044, with more than 88,000 infected.

Meanwhile, FIBA also announced the postponement of the 3×3 Asia Cup to Sept. 9-13 and the U17 Asia Cup to Oct. 8-11.

On the other hand, the FIBA U16 Asian Championship scheduled for April 5-12 has been fully canceled. (PNA)

Fishermen Still Advised Not To Sail In Pangasinan

Fishermen were advised not to sail in Pangasinan as tropical cyclone wind signal no. 1 is still up over 10 towns and Alaminos City in the western part of the province, according to the Pangasinan Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office.

Colegio De San Jose Adapts Virtual Learning In The New Normal In Partnership With Globe

Globe continues to support schools in its transformation to provide blended learning for their students.

Guv. Manotoc: Ilocos Norte Relaxes Borders To Returning Residents

More families are going to reunite soon as the province of Ilocos Norte relaxes its borders to returning residents following the reopening of tourism to all Luzon residents including those from areas under general community quarantine status.

SMC Rolls Out Bicycle Program For Employees, RSA Urges Motorists To Safely Share The Road

The bicycle program rolled out by San Miguel Corporation allows employees to purchase a unit for around P2,000 to P3,000 that they can then pay for with no interest for twelve months.

Manila Opens 14th, Biggest Quarantine Facility In PLM

A 66-bed quarantine facility at the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila was launched in the city of Manila on Thursday, the biggest one that the government has opened so far.

Voter Registration Now From Monday-Friday

Vote on 2022! Check out the new schedule for voter registration here:

Manileños Hopeful As More Barangays Now Free Of COVID-19

Manila City residents express high hopes that the pandemic will soon be defeated in the city after 172 barangays were declared COVID-19 free.

Visayas LGUs Urged To Adopt Cebu City’s Ops Center Concept

Secretary Michael Lloyd Dino is pushing for the institutionalization of the Emergency Operations Center in various localities in the Visayas to equip them with strategies in the fight against COVID-19.

‘Pepito’ To Bring Rains Over Luzon

Brace yourself! There is more Pepito storm to come!

Zambo Norte Town Farmers Receive P4-M Machinery

Several farmer organizations in the Zamboanga del Norte town of Sindangan receives over PHP4-million farm machinery from the Department of Agriculture.