Apple unveils its newest budget-friendly iPhone SE to the world on Wednesday.
Just like its previous editions, the iPhone SE 2020 boasts better specs despite being designed as an older model.
The Apple iPhone SE 2020 is powered by an A13 Bionic— the “fastest chip in a smartphone”, according to Apple— making it one of the brand’s fastest phones. Previous edition had the Apple A9 processor.
The A13 Bionic chip also provides better battery life for the phone.
Equipped with a single-camera system, this powerhouse lets you shoot at f/1.8 aperture in a 12-megapixel wide camera. It allows you to take photos in portrait mode and has 6 portrait lighting effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High-Key Mono), in addition to the Smart HDR.
On the other hand, video mode boasts a 4K recording for up to 60fps.
Here are more of the key features:
• Retina HD display
• 4.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen LCD Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology
• 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
• 1,400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
• True Tone display
• Wide color display (P3)
• Haptic Touch
• 625 nits max brightness (typical)
• Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
• Display Zoom
• 12MP wide-angle rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, optical image stabilization
• Digital zoom up to 5x
• 7MP front camera, f/2.2 aperture
• Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and depth control for front and rear cameras
• 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
• 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
• 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
• Extended dynamic range for video up to 30 fps
• Optical image stabilization for video
• Listed battery life: “lasts about the same as iPhone 8”
• Compatible with 18W fast-charge adapter, sold separately
• iOS 13
Color variations range from black, white, and the special (PRODUCT)RED. A portion of proceeds from the iPhone SE (PRODUCT)RED will go to Global Fund, a Switzerland-based multilateral funder that helps countries battle COVID-19. Before the pandemic, Apple has regularly donated its Special Product proceeds to anti-HIV/AIDS projects.
Prices start at P26,490 for the 64GB. Apple has yet to announce the release date of the iPhone SE 2020 in the Philippines.