Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Over 60 Facilities Qualify For DOTr’s Scrapping Program Accreditation

More than 60 facilities qualified to apply for accreditation based on the newly-released Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board Memorandum Circular 2021-062.

Nestlé Philippines Brings Importance On Solid Waste Management Into Monthlong Webinars

Nestlé PH held a series of webinars on how consumers can practice a more sustainable lifestyle and become environmental Kasambuhays themselves.

Second Multi-Purpose Compound, Phoenix Block, Opens In Makati

Phoenix opens a second site for its one-stop-shop retail model in Makati city, allowing consumers to avail themselves of various goods and services in one commercial compound.

Nestlé PH x CCC Launches “Klimathon” Allowing Youth To Fight Against Climate Change

Look: Nestlé Philippines and the Climate Change Commission partner to launch the “Klimahon” project, which allows the youth to create solutions to combat climate crisis in the country.

Eleazar: SAF Troops To Help Enforce ECQ In Cebu City

Eleazar: SAF Troops To Help Enforce ECQ In Cebu City

Spotlight

BAJAJ MAXIMA CARGOspot_img

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

The Joint Task Force Covid Shield (JTF CV Shield) on Thursday said Special Action Force (SAF) commandos of the Philippine National Police (PNP) will be deployed to Cebu City to assist in the implementation of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) amid the rising cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

Lt. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar, JTF CV Shield commander, said as approved by PNP chief Gen. Archie Gamboa, two companies of the elite force composed of 150 police personnel will be deployed to Cebu City to prevent non-essential movement of residents and ensure that they are wearing face masks when going out for essential tasks such as buying food and medicines.

“Mobility assets of SAF will also be deployed in Cebu City include Multi-Purpose Armored Vehicles similar to what we used in the implementation of ECQ in Metro Manila. We have already coordinated with the Philippine Coast Guard and the Armed Forces of the Philippines for the deployment of SAF personnel and their mobility assets,” he said in a statement.

Last week, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte reverted Cebu City to ECQ over alarming cases of Covid-19 infections and deaths.

The fatalities include four policemen from Cebu.

During a visit in Cebu City on Wednesday, officials of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) and National Task Force Against Covid-19 observed that residents are not strictly following the quarantine rules as they saw people going out of their homes not wearing face masks and not observing safe physical distancing.

To strictly implement ECQ rules, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said he would work for the deployment of more policemen and soldiers in Cebu City in the soonest possible time.

The deployment of SAF commandoes during the ECQ in Metro Manila which started in late April resulted in a significant decline in the number of quarantine violators.

Aside from SAF troops, soldiers were also deployed in the region and its nearby areas.

Eleazar said while soldiers were already deployed in Cebu City and nearby areas, the AFP’s Central Command (CentCom) under Lt. Gen. Roberto Ancan has committed more personnel and assistance to enforce ECQ in Cebu City.

“The CentCom is also using their air assets over Cebu City to check on the observance of physical distancing,” said Eleazar.

Maj. Gen. Amando Clifton Empiso, SAF director, expressed confidence that they would also succeed in helping enforce the ECQ in Cebu City.

“I have full trust and confidence in my men in accomplishing the tasks given to them. This is our way of helping the people of Cebu City and nearby areas in their fight against Covid-19. And this is a way of showing the people of Cebu that we are with them in winning this battle,” Empiso said.

To facilitate the coordination between police ground personnel, Eleazar said they will also be sending three senior officers from the Directorate for Integrated Police Operations-Visayas and Directorate for Operations. (PNA)

BAJAJ MAXIMA CARGOspot_img

Spotlight

Over 60 Facilities Qualify For DOTr’s Scrapping Program Accreditation

More than 60 facilities qualified to apply for accreditation based on the newly-released Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board Memorandum Circular 2021-062.

Nestlé Philippines Brings Importance On Solid Waste Management Into Monthlong Webinars

Nestlé PH held a series of webinars on how consumers can practice a more sustainable lifestyle and become environmental Kasambuhays themselves.

Second Multi-Purpose Compound, Phoenix Block, Opens In Makati

Phoenix opens a second site for its one-stop-shop retail model in Makati city, allowing consumers to avail themselves of various goods and services in one commercial compound.

Nestlé PH x CCC Launches “Klimathon” Allowing Youth To Fight Against Climate Change

Look: Nestlé Philippines and the Climate Change Commission partner to launch the “Klimahon” project, which allows the youth to create solutions to combat climate crisis in the country.

Lifestyle

Entertainment

More Stories

Nearly 10K Minors With Comorbidities Vaxxed Vs. Covid-19

Barely two weeks since the pilot rollout of pediatric vaccination, thousands of children with comorbidities have already received their shots against the coronavirus.

90 Public Schools Allowed To Hold Pilot In-Person Classes: DepEd

Education Secretary Leonor Briones on Monday said there are now 90 public schools that "will be pushing through with conduct the pilot limited face-to-face classes" on Nov. 15.

AFP Receives ICU Beds, PPE Sets From US Gov’t

The United States donates close to PHP2.08 million worth of medical supplies and equipment to the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

Manila Assures Enough Supply Of Covid-19 Jabs For Minors

Manila City government has enough Covid-19 jabs for minors 12 to 17 years old as the mass vaccination for the age group with comorbidities resumed on Monday.

Covid-19 Is Still Around, Palace Reminds Dolomite Beach Visitors

Malacañang appealed to the people visiting the newly opened Manila Baywalk Dolomite Beach to continue adhering to the minimum public health standards despite the decreasing Covid-19 infections.

Travel

Motoring