Dengue Cases Declining In Northern Mindanao: DOH





The Department of Health in Northern Mindanao (DOH-10) reported a notable decline in dengue cases since August this year.

Dr. Dave Mendoza, DOH-10 officer-in-charge, said in a press conference that for the 37th week this year, the region moved down to fourth nationwide from Top 3 in terms of the number of dengue cases.

Mendoza said this can be attributed to the agency’s public awareness campaign, especially cleanup activities and other anti-dengue measures involving the public.

From January 1 to September 14, DOH recorded a total of 21,457 dengue cases in Region 10, with 84 casualties. The figure is 64.38% higher compared to the same period last year, with a fatality ratio of 0.39%.
The province of Bukidnon remains on top with 8,077 cases and 13 fatalities, followed by Misamis Oriental with 3,579 cases with 17 deaths.

Camiguin has the lowest number of cases with only 371 and 1 fatality.

In Cagayan de Oro City, the most populated village of Carmen remains on top with most number of dengue cases., DOH-10 said. (PNA)









more recommended stories