Concerts are postponed, major events are cancelled, but that doesn’t mean birthdays should be, too.
For over two months as of press, residents across the country have discovered counterparts to the “normal” stuff they did before the lockdown caused by the coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19) came about. Over the course of this period, people have maximized their available resources and managed to somehow live life pre-lockdown-style.
Munch on this incredibly easy and affordable recipe as you celebrate the special occasion with your quarantine buddies!
• 2 packs of chocolate/vanilla flavored sandwich cookies
• 2 cans of condensed milk
• Candies for decoration
1. First, separate the vanilla filling and chocolate cookies in different containers. This is easier to do with a bread knife.
2. Crush the chocolate cookies manually or with a blender.
3. Next, combine the condensed milk with the crushed cookies then mix together.
4. Transfer the batter on a greased pan.
5. Place it in a steamer for around 30 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Check the status of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the middle. If there’s batter on it, it’s not well-baked yet.
7. Let it cool.
Icing & Decoration
1. Using the double boiler method, place the bowl of filling on top of the steamer.
2. Stir until it melts.
3. Spread the icing on cake.
4. Decorate using candies and wafer sticks.
For more information, watch the video below:
Photo Source: elements.envato.com