There’s no way to eliminate traveling this year as sea and airports are slowly starting up again. Although many restrictions are still in place, what is important is that we are becoming responsible travelers each year. We know that there are certain prohibitions in a place we want to go to but all we need to do is to be ready before getting into that place and do a lot of research. Now, as Boracay reopens its door for us, here we help you lay down all the best practices and the things you need to know before hopping on the island.
Step-to-follow before getting to Boracay
1. Proceed to DOH Accredited Covid-19 Testing Center
Anyone who wishes to travel to the island must secure a negative RT-PCR result not earlier than seventy-two hours. Travelers are advised to follow strict health protocols after taking the test until the arrival to the island. Kids aged 2 years old and below are not required to undergo RT-PCR testing.
2. Book Hotels only in DOT Accredited Establishments
Be sure to book your hotels and or resorts to DOT-accredited establishments that have a Certificate of Authority to Open to ensure safety and quality services in your 3-day or weeklong gateway.
3. Register on their Website
Visit http://aklan.gov.ph and open the Online Health Declaration Card. Click Boracay and fill out the form and click submit. You’ll receive a confirmation form after saving a copy of the HDC on your device or have it printed. Then, you can now email the scanned copy or photo of your RT-PCR Negative Test Result, HDC, Flight details, and a valid ID.
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject: OHDC – Family Name, First Name (example: OHDC – Sy, Maria). For multiple tourist registration, you can email it in one together with all the individual requirements.
Wait for the response within the day. If approved, you’ll get a copy of your HDC and Tourist QR Code. Print it or download it on your smartphone to present to the authorities for scanning. If unapproved, resubmit your requirements or clarification may be required.
1. As mandated by the Department of Transportation (DOT), all passengers arriving in all Philippine airports must download the Traze Contact Tracing mobile application upon entry. You can download the app in iOs or Android.
2. Room sharing is only allowed for family members and couples. Mingling and staying with other groups are otherwise prohibited.
3. Guests are required to present at least one valid ID with a residential address to establishments they’re going to dine or sleep.
4. All travelers must always bring safety gear such as face masks, hand sanitizers, face shields and always observe social distancing. Only a maximum of 2 persons can ride in tricycles and a maximum of 4 on e-trikes.
5. Body temperature will often check at the entrance of any establishments.
6. For list of updated accredited hotels you can browse into https://boracaycompass.com/dot-accredited-hotels/. Check that is very important.
7. All travelers are welcome to visit the island as long as the tourist doesn’t have comorbidity or health conditions.
Activities you can enjoy
Restaurants are already open on the island. Anyone can enjoy, sit and dine but always be mindful of the minimum public health standards.
Some designated swimming areas are only open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other water activities such as kite surfing, helmet diving, and jet skiing are also allowed but at reduced capacity.
Aside from beach activities, tourists can also enjoy its dry land activities such as hiking, mainland tunneling, sunbathing and sunset gazing, and ATV rides.
The moment you are in Boracay, you can always look up to the vividness of the sea and sky. If you’re an extreme traveler you can enjoy zip line rides, parasailing, cliff diving at the aerial point and many more, all inline in new normal.