BOC-Cebu Denies Holding Shipment Of Face Masks

BOC-Cebu Denies Holding Shipment Of Face Masks

Spotlight

Globe Recreates The Holiday Season With #ChristmasWeLove Live Pop-Up

Join Globe as they celebrate the holiday season with #ChristmasWeLove - a series of live digital pop ups featuring fun activities for your family and friends!

Republic Cement Launches Co-Processing Solution Amid PH Waste Management Crisis

Through ecoloop, Republic Cement aims to help address the waste management crisis of the country.

Recreate The Holidays Right At Home Best With Globe At Home Unli Plans

Make your virtual get-togethers possible with Globe At Home UNLI Plans!

SM – Pasay Tech Voc Scholarship Program Launched

With the launch of the SM - Pasay Tech-Voc Scholarship Program, a full tech-voc scholarship will be awarded to 20 students from financially challenged families.

The Bureau of Customs–Port of Cebu denied a report it is holding shipments of surgical masks at the Cebu International Port (CIP) yard amid the global scare of the new coronavirus strain.

The denial came after a concerned citizen reported to the 8888 Citizen’s Complaint Hotline that BOC-Cebu held such shipment.

Jessica Luzano, head of the Entry Processing Unit (EPU) of BOC-Cebu, said she has not encountered processing an entry lodgment pertaining to a shipment that contains face masks, surgical masks or any apparatus that can be used for personal protection against viral infection such as the novel coronavirus disease (Covid-19).

Luzano said a query was referred to the Customs Intelligence and Investigation Service (CIIS) which has been tasked to probe the complaint sent to 8888.

CIIS-Cebu supervisor Carlo Bautista told the Philippine News Agency (PNA) in a phone interview that their intelligence personnel assigned at the CIP yard have not come across with alerted or held shipment of face masks.

“So far, the report is negative. We have checked the veracity of the information upon receiving a copy of the complaint last week. Wala naman (There was nothing),” he told PNA.

Bautista also instructed his staff to check six containers processed under entry numbers 4827, 4926, 5012 which were alerted last week but were found to contain imported tiles upon visual examination on Friday.

In a separate interview, Franz Muñoz, head of the CIIS at the subport of Mactan, said he was also informed about face mask importation but has not discovered any shipment being held in any of the customs-registered couriers.

Muñoz said it was the Intelligence Group of the BOC central office that first received a copy of the 8888 complaint on Feb. 12 and forwarded it to them with instruction to investigate.

“There was no importation of face masks as far as subport of Mactan is concerned. We have checked activities like exporting the face masks but in smaller quantity, maybe intended for our OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) working in countries infected with the new coronavirus,” Muñoz said.

Lawyer Kenneth Kern Sesante, chief of staff of BOC-Cebu acting Collector Charlito Martin Mendoza, said the bureau is aware of the necessity of face masks in Central Visayas as the world health authorities are still working to prevent the entry of Covid-19 into their respective countries.

He ensured the swift release of such kind of shipment if the consignee can present the needed documents and has paid the correct duties and taxes. (PNA)

Domestic Travel May Help Lower Unemployment Rate: Palace

Domestic travel amid the COVID-19 pandemic may help lower the country’s unemployment rate, Malacañang said.

4-Day Work Week In PH Courts Starts Dec. 1: SC

Under the guidelines, all courts would observe a 10-hour workday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Over P100-B Funds Seen To Help Region 8 Recover From Crisis

According to the NEDA, the PHP108.71 billion budget for Eastern Visayas in 2021 will provide the region with “massive tools” necessary in post-pandemic recovery efforts.

Speed Of The Future: realme X50 Pro 5G To Launch Via Smart Signature Plan On December 03

realme PH launches its very first 5G-ready smartphone in the country!

PasigPass Is Not Required Upon Entering Pasig: Sotto

Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto clarified that the city’s traffic enforcers will not be requiring individuals to present PasigPass upon entering the city.

realme Kicks Off #LeapToNextGen With realme X50 Pro 5G Launch On Smart Signature Plan

Pre-order the realme X50 Pro 5G now and get a free realme Watch worth Php 3,990!

Globe Recreates The Holiday Season With #ChristmasWeLove Live Pop-Up

Join Globe as they celebrate the holiday season with #ChristmasWeLove - a series of live digital pop ups featuring fun activities for your family and friends!

Soccsksargen Updates Contingency Plan For Quake, Tsunami

The local governments and other stakeholders in Region 12 are now more prepared in responding to possible major earthquakes and tsunamis.

Cebu City To Distribute 15K Cash Cards To Seniors This Month

The Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) on Thursday turned over to the city government of Cebu around 15,000 cash cards to be distributed to senior citizens this month.

Tugade Leads DOTr Team’s Inspection Of Seaports, Airports

We must make sure that operations in these facilities will not be disrupted, and that these are safe for operators and passengers to use,” says Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade.