Biggest COVID-19 Quarantine Facility In NCR To Open Aug. 25

Biggest COVID-19 Quarantine Facility In NCR To Open Aug. 25

Spotlight

Globe Recreates The Holiday Season With #ChristmasWeLove Live Pop-Up

Join Globe as they celebrate the holiday season with #ChristmasWeLove - a series of live digital pop ups featuring fun activities for your family and friends!

Republic Cement Launches Co-Processing Solution Amid PH Waste Management Crisis

Through ecoloop, Republic Cement aims to help address the waste management crisis of the country.

Recreate The Holidays Right At Home Best With Globe At Home Unli Plans

Make your virtual get-togethers possible with Globe At Home UNLI Plans!

SM – Pasay Tech Voc Scholarship Program Launched

With the launch of the SM - Pasay Tech-Voc Scholarship Program, a full tech-voc scholarship will be awarded to 20 students from financially challenged families.

A 525-bed mega quarantine facility―the biggest so far in Metro Manila―will open later this month to accommodate coronavirus-positive patients who are asymptomatic or with mild symptoms.

This was announced by National Action Plan (NAP) Against COVID-19 Deputy Chief Implementer Sec. Vince Dizon during an inspection of the facility’s ongoing construction on Monday.

The mega quarantine facility, located in Parañaque City, is funded by the Razon Group through its construction arm Prime Metro BMD Corporation, and Bloomberry Cultural Foundation, Inc.

“We want to thank the Razon Group and Prime BMD, to Mr. Enrique Razon, Jr., for this very, very generous donation,” Dizon said.

Dizon also expressed gratitude to Meralco and the Maynilad Water Services Inc. for providing power and water connections to the facility.

Dizon said the mega quarantine center is one of the additional Covid-19 facilities that will be built to service Metro Manila, Bulacan, and the Calabarzon Region.

These additional facilities, he added, will have a total capacity of 3,000 beds.

“A lot of the cases are mild and asymptomatic cases, up to 98.5 percent to 99 percent. We are going to have to house them and allow them to get better, roughly for two weeks, and these are the facilities that are going to house them,” Dizon said.

DPWH Undersecretary Emil Sadain, who also joined the inspection, said his department has finished a total of 300 quarantine facilities all over the country and is constructing 95 more for completion this month until the early part of September.

These facilities have a total capacity of around 13,000 beds.

Prime BMD Chief Executive Officer Jeff Gallus said they are aiming for the facility to be used by August 25.

“It’s an immense source of pride for us to be able to support the IATF and the government in achieving this outcome. This is a great opportunity for us to be involved; and certainly for Mr. Razon, for his support, so we can continue to help in this crisis,” Gallus said. (PNA)

Ilocos Norte Bans Mass Gatherings

As of December 1, Ilocos Norte has recorded a total of 379 cases with 181 recoveries and two deaths.

SM Scholar Alumna Becomes Agent Of Peacebuilding In Conflict Affected Areas

SM Foundation scholar alumni Carissa Cruz shares what drives her to continue to strive for excellence at work in life in general.

Middle Class DIY Christmas Decorations

Limited movement, prudent spending, and lots of time at home characterize this year’s Christmas season for middle class families. But since many of us...

LGUs Approve 2.2K Telco Tower Permits: DILG

A total of 2,220 telecommunication permits have been approved to address the public clamor for improved telecommunications services, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic where millions of people are working and studying from home.

Pangasinan Farmers Benefit From DAR’s Solar-Powered Irrigation

Some 142 farmers in the town of Pangasinan will soon benefit from the solar-powered irrigation system.

Face-To-Face Classes Resumption In Med Schools Vital: Galvez

Vaccine czar Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. believes that resumption of face-to-face classes should be allowed on a “case-to-case basis."

Leyte Seeks Month-Long Ban For Returning Residents

According to Leyte Vice Governor Carlo Loreto, the temporary suspension is based on the request of mayors to ban the acceptance of returning residents from Dec. 1 to 31.

Metro Manila, 6 Other Areas To Remain Under GCQ Until Yearend

Metro Manila along with six other areas will remain under general community quarantine (GCQ) until the end of the year.

Zambo City Sets Virtual Switch-On Of Christmas Lights

Zamboanga City Mayor Beng reminded residents always to practice minimum safety protocols such as safe physical distancing and the wearing of face masks and face shields in public places.

Soldiers, CAFGU Members, Reservists Donate Blood In NegOr

The bayanihan spirit lives on! A total of 15,000cc of blood was donated by Army soldiers, reservists, and personnel duringa blood-letting activity in Camp Leon Kilat.