BDO To Buy Out Nomura Stake In Joint Venture

BDO To Buy Out Nomura Stake In Joint Venture

Spotlight

Halloween @ Home: Recreate The Chills And Thrills With Globe At Home

End the Spooktober in a spooktacular way with Globe At Home!

Phoenix Introduces New FamilyMart Retail Format Through Cebu Stores

FamilyMart opens three new compact stores in Cebu, offering a unique customer experience in response to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Globe Introduces Mobile Health Solution With GoHealth

For just P20, you can now enjoy up to P,1000 health insurance from Pacific Cross!

SM Wins 15 Awards From HK’s CG Asia Magazine

SM Investments Corporation continues to be recognized abroad as it recently bagged 15 awards in the 10th Asian Excellence Awards 2020 of Hong Kong magazine Corporate Governance Asia.

BDO Unibank, Inc. (BDO) announced an agreement on the fundamental principles to buy out Nomura Holdings, Inc.’s (Nomura) entire holdings in their joint venture arrangement under BDO Nomura Securities, Inc. (BDO Nomura).

BDO currently owns 51% of BDO Nomura, with Nomura (through Nomura Asia Investment (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.) holding the remaining 49%. The original joint venture arrangement was inked in January 2016, with BDO Nomura commencing operations in October 2016.

The transaction will enable BDO to consolidate its securities brokerage business into BDO Securities Corp., which is being reorganized into a full-service brokerage firm with an expanded product offering to include non-equity securities.

The transaction is subject to further discussion and final agreements, in addition to any required corporate and regulatory approvals.

Lenovo Offers With New Yoga Devices, Free Limited Edition Herschel Items

Check out the stylish looks of the Herschel Holiday Collection with Lenovo!

SMC To Buy Up Plastic Wastes To Power Cement Facilities

San Miguel Corporation ramps up its efforts to help manage the country's solid wastes and create more livelihood opportunities in the pandemic by buying up bigger volumes of plastic wastes to fuel its cement manufacturing facilities.

Mayor Vico Opens Arts, Design Scholarship

Mayor Vico Sotto announces the expansion of the city government's scholarship program, which seeks to provide opportunities for students with artistic talent, to avail of free education.

DOH Seeks 95% Measles Immunization Rate In Caraga

The Department of Health in Caraga eyes a 95-percent immunization coverage for children nine months to 59-months-old.

Dare To Move It, Move It!: realme PH, Anytime Fitness Want You To Stay Safe And Fit

Since being fit is in this quarantine, realme and Anytime Fitness challenges you to do more with its Dare To Move campaign!

Colegio De San Jose Adapts Virtual Learning In The New Normal In Partnership With Globe

Globe continues to support schools in its transformation to provide blended learning for their students.

Tarragona’s Landmark Is Town’s New Attraction

The provincial government of Davao Oriental has formally turned over to the municipality of Tarragona the newly completed Urban Greening and Landscaping Development Project.

Nueva Ecija IP Group Gets Training On Mushroom Processing

The Department of Agriculture in Central Luzon is promoting the processing of mushroom products that can give benefits to one’s health and provide additional source of income amid the challenges brought by the health pandemic.

GenSan Dads Urge Lifting Of ‘Sunday Lockdown’

Members of the City Council in General Santos City have called for the immediate lifting of the total lockdown every Sunday to facilitate the resumption of religious gatherings and other essential activities.

France Heads For 2nd Virus Lockdown As Infections Soar

France is scheduled to enter a second coronavirus lockdown from Friday midnight until December 1.