Garmin Philippines today announced the arrival of Venu 2 Plus GPS smartwatch in the country. Garmin’s latest offering lets users take calls, access their compatible smartphone’s voice assistant to send texts, control compatible smart home devices and more. These voice-controlled functionalities join the robust suite of health, wellness and fitness features of Garmin’s Venu 2 Series. With a bright AMOLED display and battery life of up to nine days, the Venu 2 Plus is a direct line to wellbeing for active Filipinos.
“To support Filipinos’ drive to have a more active lifestyle where multi-tasking is crucial, Garmin presents a smartwatch that can give users the ability to answer calls or send texts without digging through their pocket or bag,” said Garmin Asia Director Scoppen Lin. “Garmin lets its user focus on their workout with the Venu 2 Plus’ on-device voice capabilities, on top of the signature features that the popular Venu 2 series is known for.”
Here’s what’s new for the Venu 2 Plus:
- Phone calls from the wrist: Users can make and take phone calls with the press of a button.
- Voice assistant control: Compatible with Siri, Google Assistant or Bixby, users can utilize their smartphone’s voice assistant to send texts, ask questions, control compatible smart home devices and more.
All-day health monitoring
The Venu 2 Plus dials into wellbeing with the broadest range of 24/7 health monitoring features available, including: heart rate (with user-configurable alerts for high or low readings2), advanced sleep with sleep score and insights by Firstbeat AnalyticsTM, breathwork activities, fitness age, respiration, Pulse Ox, all-day stress, hydration, and women’s health (menstrual cycle tracking and pregnancy tracking). Body BatteryTM energy monitoring shows users how “charged” their body is, as well as the draining effects of stress and exercise. Health SnapshotTM logs a two-minute window of key health stats and generates a report users can share with a health care provider; a great tool for capturing physiological data anytime you’re feeling off your baseline.
The Venu 2 Plus pulls in all of the latest fitness features recently introduced on the Venu 2 series including over 25 built-in indoor and GPS sports apps with favorites that include walking, running, HIIT, cycling, pool swimming, Pilates, yoga, indoor climbing, hiking, advanced strength training with muscle map DC
Preloaded workouts can also be found on the watch and preset workouts are available for download from Garmin ConnectTM app on user’s smartphone. Customizable workouts may be created by choosing from over 1,400 exercises. The Venu 2 Plus has more than 75 preset animated workouts that demonstrate proper form and technique in Garmin Connect and on the wrist. Whether training for a 5K or longer, the device is compatible with Garmin Coach free adaptive training plans.
Safety and tracking
The Venu 2 Plus also includes Garmin’s safety and tracking features such as automatic incident detection (during outdoor walks, runs or rides)3 and manually triggered assistance alerts, both of which send a message with the user’s location to their emergency contacts. LiveTrack lets friends and family track the user’s outdoor activity3. Users can also assign a designated emergency contact that the Venu 2 Plus can call, such as local emergency services.
Smart features on the wrist
The Venu 2 Plus keeps the essentials on the wrist with built-in music (download up to 650 songs including playlists from Spotify®, Amazon Music, and Deezer4), and smart notifications for calls, texts, calendar reminders, social media updates, breaking news stories and more3. Users may personalize the Venu 2 Plus with apps, watch faces and more available to download from the Connect IQTM store. Unlike many other smartwatches, the Venu 2 Plus can be used with either Android or Apple® smartphones.
Designed for all-day wear
- The Venu 2 Plus has a 43mm watch case, stainless steel bezel and hardware, and a comfortable, 20mm industry-standard quick release silicone band. Mix and match bands and bezels.
- It boasts a durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 touchscreen AMOLED display with optional, always-on mode.
- The Venu 2 Plus is powered by an impressive battery life that lasts up to 9 days in smartwatch mode and up to 8 hours in GPS + Music mode.
- It is capable of rapid battery recharge with 10 minutes of charging which adds up to one day of smartwatch mode battery life or one hour of GPS + music battery life. Users may extend the time further with battery saver mode.
Don’t miss out on Garmin’s special promotion! First 75 customers can get a free Garmin Tote Bag for every purchase of Garmin Venu 2 Plus watch for only PHP 25,695. The device is available in Black, Ivory and Powder Gray at Garmin Brand Stores, kinetic.com.ph, Lazada, Shopee and Garmin PH Viber Community.
The Venu 2 Plus was recognized at the recently concluded CES 2022 global tech-event as an Innovation Awards honoree. Find out more information about this new product through its minisite. Visit the Garmin’s virtual pressroom for updates and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and subscribe to us on YouTube.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized the wellness industry. Committed to developing wearables and health measurement tools that help people of all activity levels lead healthier lives, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday.
- This is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition; see Garmin.com/ataccuracy. Pulse Ox not available in all countries.
- See Garmin.com/ataccuracy
- When paired with a compatible smartphone. For safety and tracking features requirements and limitations, see Garmin.com/safety.
- May require premium subscription by a third-party music provider
- View current supported country, payment network and issuing bank information.