Courts throughout the country would implement a four-day workweek starting Tuesday.
The move is in compliance with a Nov. 24 circular issued by Supreme Court (SC) Chief Justice Diosdado Peralta.
Under the guidelines, all courts would observe a 10-hour workday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
It added that 80 percent of all court personnel would report for work from Mondays to Fridays while the remaining 20 percent will take a one day leave.
The weekday leave would be implemented alternately among court officials and employees, with each required to render 40 hours of work weekly.
Peralta said the adoption of the four-day workweek is in line with the directive issued by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) last Oct. 15 for implementation during the period of health emergency due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic.
The SC has issued various circulars to ensure access to the courts during the pandemic, including the adoption of videoconferencing for hearings on civil and criminal cases, online filing of petitions and other pleadings, and maintenance of skeleton staff in all courts. (PNA)